Effective date: February XX, 2022
Welcome to www.tribecavp.com (the “Website”), owned and operated by Tribeca Venture Partners, LLC (“Tribeca,” “we,” or “us”). By using this Website, you agree to these terms and conditions of use (the “Terms”); if you do not agree, you may not use the Website. Tribeca may modify the Website and/or these Terms from time to time without notice to you, except that if Tribeca makes material changes to these Terms, we will post the revised Terms and the revised effective date on this Website and/or provide notice by some other means. By using the Website following any modifications to the Terms, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms.
- Use of the Website. You must be at least 13 years old to use our Website. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from individuals under 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use the Website or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from an individual under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with your use of the Website. You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Website or Tribeca’s systems or network security, including, without limitation by (i) accessing data not intended for users of the Website or gaining unauthorized access to an account, server or any other computer system; (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures; (iii) attempting to interfere with the function of the Website, host or network. You may not “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any portion of the Website (through use of manual or automated means).
- Information Not Confidential. If you choose to contact any Tribeca personnel using the contact information you find on the Website, you understand any information and/or materials you provide to such personnel will not be treated as confidential or proprietary. Tribeca undertakes no obligation to review information submitted by you or to return such information to you.
- Tribeca Proprietary Rights. The Website, including all of its contents (including text, images, audio, and the HTML code used to generate the pages) (“Content”), are the property of Tribeca or that of our suppliers or licensors and are protected by trademark, copyright, and/or other intellectual property laws. You may not download, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, modify, prepare derivative works from, license, transmit, or distribute any Content from this Website in whole or in part, for any public or commercial purpose without prior written consent from Tribeca. Tribeca grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Website and to use the Content, solely for personal, internal, and non-commercial purposes. Tribeca(on behalf of itself and its suppliers and licensors) reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
Without limiting the foregoing, as between you and Tribeca, Tribeca is the owner and/or authorized user of any trademark, registered trademark, logo, and/or service mark appearing on the Website (the “Marks”). Nothing on the Website should be construed to grant any license or right to use any Tribeca Mark. You may not use or exploit any Marks without prior written consent from Tribeca.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
The following sections detail the categories of Personal Data that we collect and have collected over the past twelve (12) months. For each category of Personal Data, these subsections also set out our commercial or business purpose for collecting that Personal Data and the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Data. More information regarding those sources and categories are set forth in the charts below.
|CATEGORY OF PERSONAL DATA||EXAMPLES OF THIS TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED||CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA|
|Contact Data||First and last name, Email address, Postal address||Service ProvidersSelected Recipients|
|Employment Data||EmployerJob title, Work email address, Work postal address||Service ProvidersSelected Recipients|
|Other Identifying Information That You Voluntarily Choose to Provide||Personal information that you send to us||Service ProvidersSelected Recipients|
|Social Media Data||LinkedIn URL||Service ProvidersSelected Recipients|
|Device/IP Information||IP AddressType of device/operating system/browser used to access the Website||Service Providers|
|Web Analytics||Web page interactions||Service Providers|
Sources of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data about you from you in the following scenarios:
- When you provide such information directly to us.
- When you use our Website.
- When you send us an email or otherwise contact us.
- When you use the Website and such information is collected automatically.
- We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Website. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Website, maintain your preferences over time, and recognize you when you return to our Website. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some of the Website and functionalities may not work.
- To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
Providing, Customizing and Improving the Website
- Providing you with the products, services or information you request.
- Meeting or fulfilling the reason you provided the information to us.
- Providing support and assistance for the Website.
- Improving the Website, including testing, research, internal analytics, and product development.
- Personalizing the Website, website content, and communications based on your preferences.
- Doing fraud protection, security, and debugging.
- Carrying out other business purposes stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Corresponding with You
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested, and sending you information about Tribecaor the Website.
Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order, or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of you, Tribeca, or another party.
- Enforcing any agreements with you.
- Responding to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- Resolving disputes.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Data
We disclose your Personal to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
These are third parties that help us provide our Services, including security and fraud prevention providers, hosting and other technology and communications providers, analytics providers, and staff augmentation and contract personnel.
These are third parties that we share your Personal Data with at your direction, including:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Website).
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Website.
- Other parties authorized by you
We may share any Personal Data that we collect with third parties in conjunction with any of the activities set forth under “Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms” in the “Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data” section above.
All of your Personal Data that we collect may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
Data That is Not Personal Data
We may create aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized data from the Personal Data we collect, including by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a particular user. We may use such aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze, build and improve the Website and promote our business, provided that we will not share such data in a manner that could identify you.
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational, and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any data you share with us, and except as expressly required by law, we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss, or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
California Resident Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the rights set forth in this section. Please see the “Exercising Your Rights” section below for instructions regarding how to exercise these rights. Please note that we may process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of certain services to our customers. If we are processing your Personal Data as a service provider, you should contact the entity that collected your Personal Data in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. In response, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
If we have disclosed your Personal Data to any third parties for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data shared with each category of third-party recipient.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected about you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Website or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request by emailing us at: info@Tribeca.com
You may also authorize an agent (an “Authorized Agent”) to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your Authorized Agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from your Authorized Agent when they make a request on your behalf.
Sales of Personal Data
We will not “sell” your Personal Data, as that term is defined in the CCPA, and have not done so over the last 12 months.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Other State Law Privacy Rights
California Resident Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Website does not support Do Not Track requests at this time. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY THEREOF, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND TRIBECA(ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS) HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NO ADVICE, RESULTS, INFORMATION, OR MATERIALS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL TRIBECA, ITS AFFILIATES (INCLUDING AFFILIATED FUNDS), OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS (THE “TRIBECA PARTIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ANY TRIBECA PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ANY TRIBECA PARTY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE TERMS, THE CONTENT, AND/OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, $100.00.
- General Information. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. In the event of any dispute arising in connection with these Terms, you hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of New York County, New York. The failure of Tribeca to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. You may not assign these Terms or transfer any of your rights or obligations hereunder without Tribeca’s express written consent. These Terms inure to the benefit of Tribeca’s successors, assigns, and licensees. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and Tribeca with respect to the subject matter herein.
- Contact Information: If you have any questions or comments about these Terms, the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Data, or your choices and rights regarding such collection and use, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
c/o Managing Partner
99 Hudson Street., Fl. 15
New York, NY 10013